i got angry and made a thing.
As a cashier who deals with this shit every day, it’s nice to see that some people actually care about us.
I had no idea about the speed score thing :O
But if I can add on about being a cashier for a Pharmacy:
1) We’re required to have your name and birthday every time you come up. Don’t roll your eyes and expect us to remember you
2) Don’t mumble your name and birthday. It might be obvious to you, but it’s our first time hearing it so please speak clearly
3) The computers we use at the cash register are very basic and only tell us what prescription you’re getting. If you want to know your insurance info or change your info, you have to go down to the other end
4) When you’re dropping off your prescription, STAY. THERE.
There’s a LOT of information we have to go through, including your insurance, and we don’t want you yelling at us later when you come to pick it up and it turns out your insurance didn’t cover it and we couldn’t tell you because you were gone
5) Just please be patient with us.
i’m gonna add on some stuff for liquor store workers!
1) i don’t care how old you are. even if you’re 50. bring. your I.D.
2) if you are with someone who looks like they could be underage or would be asked for I.D. if they were purchasing something, DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH OR CARRY ANYTHING IF THEY DON’T HAVE THEIR I.D. we are required by LAW to refuse selling you a product if it’s been touched by someone we should I.D. and they don’t have it. sorry. even if YOU’RE buying and you have YOUR I.D. or are obviously of age, we. can’t. sell it to you. it looks like a second-party purchase, and we could both get in huge trouble
3) if said situation above happens, please be understanding. we’re not out to get you, or claim you’re a bad person trying to buy alcohol for a minor. we wish we could trust your word, but we can’t. that’s why we ask for I.D.
4) no you can’t take that refused product to the back of the store and walk it back up yourself
5) no you can’t have a friend come in and buy it
6) please don’t put your product, some of which being very heavy, at the very end of the counter. trust me, reaching and stretching your body that far 100+ times a day really makes itself obvious as aches and pains and strains
7) please don’t get angry if a cashier can’t tell you their opinion on a product. we haven’t tasted every single thing int he store.
8) if you’re pre-ordering something, order it at least a week and a half before you need it.
9) don’t get impatient with all our questions (airmiles? cash back? bag? receipt? and sometimes we’ll ask for donations). sorry, we have to ask
10) understand that christmas shopping is a complete nightmare for literally everybody so if there’s one time to be patient, it’s then
11) if you seem under the influence, we’re not going to sell to you. this doesn’t just mean alcohol. if you reek of weed and are obviously high, sorry. if you’re off and you claim it’s pain meds, sorry. it’s not happening
12) and for the love of god, don’t pull from the back of the beer fridge. it’s not any colder than what’s at the front. you’re just making more work for us